LED flashlights: portable light sources for the home and the road
The flashlight was invented to be a small, portable light source that you can conveniently carry in your pocket. The brightness is generated by a concentrated beam of light and can illuminate dark areas. A flashlight can be used for various purposes, such as:
- Walking your dog on dark winter days
- Hobbies, such as camping and fishing
- In an emergency, if there's a power failure
- Some professions, such as the police or firefighters, require explosion-proof flashlights
Flashlights come in a wide variety of shapes, colors and sizes. From the compact flashlight for your keychain, to headlamps for your next outdoor adventure, to professional, mobile construction lights with extra light output and long runtimes: we make sure that no one has to remain in the dark!
What should you look for when buying a flashlight?
Depending on your needs and applications, you should take into consideration a number of factors when buying an LED flashlight. In addition to the light intensity, you should also consider the size and weight, battery life, various light functions and water resistance, among other things.
- Light intensity and luminous range: if you need a flashlight in dark environments where there are no other light sources, you shouild consider a flashlight with high luminosity. Some flashlights have a luminosity of several thousand lumens, which is sufficient for most uses.
- Size and weight: depending on the application, a flashlight is often needed and should therefore be light and handy. Larger, professional flashlights for use as construction spotlights or workshop lights, on the other hand, can be placed on a stand or hung from walls or ceilings.
- Battery life: it's important for the flashlight to shine long enough to finish what you're working on. Therefore, when buying the LED flashlight, you should consider its runtime power.
- Light output: the light quality should support natural color rendering by using high-quality LED and lens technologies.
- Material: flashlights are made of different materials, such as aluminum, plastic and steel. Aluminum is usually lighter than steel, while flashlights made of plastic are usually cheaper and slightly less robust.
- Temperature control: to prevent the lamp head from getting too hot. The automatic temperature control guarantees that there won't be any damage caused by lamp heads that are too hot.
- Light functions: various light functions, such as high-power, SOS and strobe, increase your ability to see in the dark and also increase your visibility in an emergency.
- Waterproof: are you an outdoor lover who spends a lot of time in nature or do you enjoy water sports? There are flashlights that are specially designed for underwater use. These flashlights are usually waterproof to a certain depth and are designed with a special housing that prevents water from entering.
Buy high quality LED flashlights online at Ledlenser
Ledlenser stands for innovation and tradition. After more than 30 years of history as a company, Ledlenser is now considered one of the leading companies for LED flashlights, headlamps, lanterns and more. Our goal is to combine extreme performance with high reliability.
In our store, you'll find flashlights in different sizes, designs, colors and light levels! Discover the versatility of LED flashlights that fit in any pocket. Experience the exceptional performance of our headlamps and benefit from concepts for professional applications in the workplace with a flashlight from the Ledlenser range.
More questions about flashlights
Which is the best LED flashlight?
Which flashlight is the best for you depends on the areas of application for which you need it. What you need the flashlight for also determines the size, brightness and even the material that the flashlight housing is made from. If the flashlight is for outdoor use in wind and weather, a waterproof flashlight is best.
At Ledlenser, you'll find flashlights for a variety of purposes: from everyday walks with your dog, to outdoor flashlights for caravanning, to explosion-proof professional flashlights which are used by the police and emergency services. Find the best flashlight for your needs in our application areas
What are the types of LED flashlights?
LED flashlights can be ordered in different shapes, sizes and for different purposes. Our range includes mini LED flashlights, LED headlamps, tactical LED lamps, LED work lamps and special outdoor LED lamps. By the way, LED stands for Light Emitting Diode. This means that – unlike incandescent bulbs – there is no glowing filament. Instead, electricity passes through semiconductor crystals that emit light (i.e., light rays are emitted).
What kind of flashlights can you order from Ledlenser?
In our Core, Work and Signature product lines, you'll find flashlight models in three different designs, completely tailored to these different areas of life and use. From well-balanced light sources for hobbies, leisure and demanding all-round use (Core), to professional use in demanding workplaces (Work), to LED flashlights for extreme applications (Signature). You'll also find a wide range of powerful, smart and practical models in our range of special flashlights for children and in our versatile headlamp range.