Information on the disposal of waste electrical and electronic equipment in accordance with ElektroG
This symbol means that you are legally obliged to send such appliances to a collection separate from sorted municipal waste. It is not allowed to dispose of such equipment in the household waste, e.g. the residual waste bin or the yellow bin. You can avoid misdirected waste by disposing of it at a special collection and return point.
2. Removal of batteries and lamps
Batteries and rechargeable batteries or lamps contained in the product must be removed from this old appliance if they can be removed without being destroyed. You must dispose of them separately as battery, rechargeable battery or lamp.
3. Options for returning old appliances
a) Owners of old appliances can hand them in free of charge within the framework of the possibilities for the return or collection of old equipment set up and available by public waste management authorities, so that proper disposal of the old equipment is ensured.
The following link also provides the possibility to view an online directory of collection and take-back points: https://www.ear-system.de/ear-verzeichnis/sammel-und-ruecknahmestellen
b) You can also return your old appliances to distributors – and thus also to us – under the circumstances described below.
You can return your old appliance to us at our dispatch warehouse (Ledlenser GmbH & Co. KG, Kronenstraße 5-7, 42699 Solingen, Germany).
In addition, we are a member of the “take-e-back” return system (https://www.take-e-back.de/), which provides take-back points in your vicinity. A return can also take place by collection from your private household under the circumstances outlined below.
- For consumers, the return is free of charge if a similar new appliance is given to you at the same time, e.g. when purchasing a new appliance of the same type.
- You can return the old appliance to a distributor – and thus also to us – free of charge, irrespective of whether a new, similar appliance is handed over to you, if the external dimensions of the appliance do not exceed 25cm and the return is limited to 3 old appliances per type of appliance.
- If the appliance is handed in by delivery to your private household (e.g. by shipment), the old appliance can also be returned free of charge by collection of the old appliance at the location of your private household. When concluding the purchase contract, we will ask you for products that are subject to the Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act whether you wish to return your old appliance upon delivery of the new appliance to your private household. If you tell us that you want to return the old appliance, we will organise the collection.
- If the appliance is delivered to your private household on the basis of a distance selling contract (e.g.by purchase via our online shop), this take-back obligation by collection only applies to appliances in the categories of heat exchangers, screens, monitors and appliances containing screens with a surface area of more than 100 square centimetres and appliances where at least one of the external dimensions is more than 50 centimetres (large appliances).
- If an appliance of the categories lamps, appliances where none of the external dimensions exceeds 50 centimetres (small appliances), small information and telecommunication technology appliances where none of the external dimensions exceeds 50 centimetres is delivered to your private household on the basis of a distance selling contract, you can hand in such old appliances at a drop-off point in the immediate vicinity of your private household. You can find out the most convenient drop-off point for you at https://www.ear-system.de/ear-verzeichnis/sammel-und-ruecknahmestellen and at https://www.take-e-back.de/Verbraucher-Ruecknahmestellen-finden/ . Such a drop-off point may also be used to drop off old appliances in the category of screens, monitors and equipment containing screens with a surface area of more than 100 square centimetres.
4. Data Protection
Each end user of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) is responsible for ensuring the deletion of personal data on the old equipment to be disposed of.
5. WEEE registration number
We are registered under the registration number DE 20612570 at stiftung elektro-altgeräte register, Nordostpark 72, 90411 Nuremberg, Germany, as a manufacturer of electrical and/or electronic equipment.
6. Collection and recycling rates
EU member states are obliged under the WEEE Directive to collect data on waste electrical and electronic equipment and to transmit it to the European Commission. You can find more information on this on the BMU website [https://www.bmu.de/themen/wasser-ressourcen-abfall/kreislaufwirtschaft/statistiken/elektro-und-elektronikaltgeraete].